Friday, September 20, 2013

Launch of BME

I actually have no idea what I’m doing.

I guess I created this blog because my creative writing is really getting in the way of my schoolwork, and I’m writing really cheesy deep sentences in all my super serious essays. Not exactly the combination I want, so I’m pretty much picking up all of that part of my brain and splatting it here.

Never apologize for nonsensical words you coin.

On a completely unrelated note but related topic, I love creating movie reels in my head, and all the better when they’re completely original. Imagery is my favorite type of writing; I wouldn’t be surprised if some post in the future is just one long description of some place, real or fantasy. I fit stories with settings better than the other way around, anyways.  Speaking of images, I’ll just drop a thought that some run-on sentences, like in (no shame) Winnie-the-Pooh, are like panoramic pictures. I just mentally hold my breath and submerge myself in text until it finally ends, and resurface with a release of suspension. Don’t judge, I’m sure there are much better examples than Winnie-the-Pooh out there, I’m just tired and happened to see it today crushed beneath my more recent books and felt bad for it. 

But I digress.

Basically, I’m going to try submitting one post each Friday and see if it helps me keep my sanity during college-hunting season. With luck, I’ll get into and used to it during senior year and keep it up into the college days.

Holy shit, college.

So basically I'm creating an online diary. I can't think and write quickly; usually what happens is I think something really far in advance and then I forget that amazing thought once my hand had caught up with me. So, a salute to technology.

Also, at the end of each post, I’ll try to ask a random question (which I may or may not answer), or copy a great quote, or link a favorite song. Anything that’ll help me think. Or, for a better purpose, put me in a good mood.

So, for my very first post, here’s one of my favorite songs from one of my favorite artists.

The Golden Floor, by Snow Patrol.




*throws confetti*

No comments:

Post a Comment